Network discovery allows your computer to detect other computers and devices on a local network. This can be useful for sharing files or accessing shared folders, printers, and other resources. In this article, we will show you how to turn on Network Discovery in Windows 10. Learn How to Turn on Network Discovery Windows 10?
How to Turn on Network Discovery Windows 10?
Enabling Network Discovery is a two-step process. First, you must enable the service itself, then configure your firewall settings. Here’s how to do it:
Step 1 – Enable the Service
- Open the Control Panel by typing “Control Panel” into the search box in the taskbar.
- Select “Network and Sharing Center” from the list of options that appear.
- Click on “Change Advanced Sharing Settings” in the left panel of the window that appears.
- Scroll down to find “Network Discovery” and click “Turn On” next to it. This will enable network discovery on your computer.
- Click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the window to save your changes and close out of Control Panel when you are finished.
Step 2 – Configure Your Firewall Settings
- Type “Firewall” into the search box in the taskbar and select “Windows Firewall” from the list of results that appear.
- Select “Advanced Settings” from the left panel of the window that appears and then select “Inbound Rules” from the menu at top of that same window.
- Look for an entry called “File and Printer Sharing (SMB-In)” – make sure it is set as Enabled by clicking once on it with your mouse pointer so that it turns green (if it isn’t already).
- Close out of Windows Firewall when you are finished making these changes as they will take effect immediately after you have clicked save changes (if applicable).
Congratulations! You have now enabled network discovery in Windows 10! Now you can start using this feature to share files with other computers or access shared resources such as printers or folder shares across a local network connection without any further configuration necessary! We hope this guide has been helpful in getting you up and running with network discovery quickly so you can enjoy all its benefits right away! Thank you for reading!